BACON WRAPPED CHICKEN BREAST
- Cooking Time: 35 to 40 minutes
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast
- 3 garlic cloves minced very fine set 1/4 teaspoon aside
- 3/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- salt and pepper
- 8 slices thick cut bacon
- 2 medium tomatoes sliced into 1/4 to 1/2 inch slices
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 large onion sliced into 1/4 to 1/2 inch slices
- 8 sprigs of fresh thyme
Rub each chicken breast with garlic, dried thyme, salt and pepper, let marinate for at least 15 minutes.
Cook bacon about 1/4 way done in microwave.
Top each breast with onion slice then tomato slice, season tomato with garlic that you set aside, salt, pepper and basil.
Wrap 2 bacon slices criss cross around the whole breast tomato and all, tucking ends of bacon under breast.
Bake in 375 degree oven for 25 minutes.
Poke thyme stems under tomato and onion for presentation.
Return to oven for 10 to 20 more minutes, depending on how thick your chicken is.
This is great served with Fettucini Alfredo and salad!