- Cooking Time: 40 minutes
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast
- 3 garlic cloves minced very fine set 1/4 teaspoon aside
- 3/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- salt and pepper
- 8 slices thick cut bacon
- 2 medium tomatoes sliced into 1/4 to 1/2 inch slices
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 large onion sliced into 1/4 to 1/2 inch slices
- 8 sprigs of fresh thyme
- Rub each chicken breast with garlic, dried thyme, salt and pepper, let marinate for at least 15 minutes.
- Cook bacon about 1/4 way done in microwave.
- Top each breast with onion slice then tomato slice, season tomato with garlic that you set aside, salt, pepper and basil.
- Wrap 2 bacon slices criss cross around the whole breast tomato and all, tucking ends of bacon under breast.
- Bake in 375 degree oven for 25 minutes.
- Poke thyme stems under tomato and onion for presentation.
- Return to oven for 10 to 20 more minutes, depending on how thick your chicken is.
- This is great served with Fettucini Alfredo and salad!
NotesThis is great just like it is or you can add your favorite cheese under the bacon.
'CHEF' the Film Cookbook: Recipes from El Jefe
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at Pesah
Desperate Housewives: Juicy Dishes & Saucy BitesSee More
Zesty Taco Stew with Cheddar-Stuffed Cornbread Dumplings
Fried OystersSee More