- Cooking Time: 70
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 20
- 1 poundground turkey
- 8 sliceapple wood bacon
- 1/2 cupgreen bell pepper; finely chopped
- 1/2 cupred bell pepper; finely chopped
- 1/4 cupmushrooms; finely chopped
- 1/4 cuponion; finely chopped
- 2 Egg; beaten
- 1 tablespoonmilk
- 1/2 cupbreadcrumbs, plus some for dusting; seasoned
- 2 tablespoonsKetchup; plus some for garnish
- 2 teaspoonsoilve oil; for greasing
- 1 Salt and pepper to taste
- 1. In a large mixing bowl, add eggs, milk, ketchup and whisk, then add turkey, green and red peppers, mushrooms, and mix well. Add salt and pepper to taste. Add breadcrumbs slowly until mixture pulls together and holds but it still moist.
- 2. Preheat oven to 350°F
- 3. Grease a large casserole dish with a drizzle of olive oil
- 4. Take 1 cup of the meat mixture and form into a mini loaf (football shape) then roll lightly in breadcrumb and set into casserole dish. Repeat 3 times. Meat mix should make 4 loafs.
- 5. Cut bacon slices in half, Lay bacon on top of the meat loaf, where each strip is touching and only one layer covers the top of the meatloaf, then top with a squirt of ketchup for garnish
- 6. Bake for 1 hour 15 minutes at 350°F
- 7. Serve with favorite sides, like mash, baked potatoes, rice, veggies, you name it!
NotesI decided to make a turkey meatloaf, but I really get tired of the same old same old so I made the mixture into mini loafs. You can make it as one large loaf, and you can also change ketchup for BBQ sauce if you do not like tomatoes. Enjoy!