- Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- Servings: 6 to 8
- Preparation Time: 30 minutes
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 T. fresh sage, minced
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 2 trimmed pork tenderloins, about 2 1/4 lbs.
- 1 lb. thick-cut bacon
- 6 medium size apples (such as Gala), quartered (not cored or peeled)
- 12 sage leaves
- 1 cup dry white wine
- Heat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a small bowl combine the garlic, sage, salt and pepper.
- Rub the tenderloins with the mixture, then sandwich them togther so there is a layer of herbs inside. Set aside.
- Cut 10 12 inch lengths of kitchen twin and lay them vertically on a cutting board, abut 1 inch apart.
- Lay down a horizontal row of two slices of bacon end to end across the twine, overlapping the ends of the slices by about 1 inch. Lay down 4 more rows, ovrlapping the slices lengthwise by about 1/4 inch and making sure the resulting rectangle of bacon is centered over the twine.
- Place the tenderloin on top of the bacon. Place 3 more horizontal rows of bacon on top of the loin, overlapping the slices as yu did the ones beneath.
- Working from the center out, pull each string around th bacan and tie if fairly tight at the top. Make sure the bacon covers the pork. Repeat so all the strings are tied, wrapping the overhanging lengths of bacon at each end around so that it forms a package. Trim the ends of the twine.
- Place the wrapped pork in a roasting pan large enough to accomodat it and put it in the oven.
- Roast for 25 minutes, then turn the pork so the top browns, and scatter the apples and sage leaves around the pork. Roast for another 15 to 20 minutes.
- Remove from the pan and allow it to rest on a cutting board.
- Place the roasting pan over a medium high flame on the stove. With the apples and sage still in the pan, deglaze with the wine. Simmer until the sauce reduces by about two thirds and thickens slightly, for about 3 minutes.
- Slice the roast. After the roast is cut, remove the strings.
- Serve immediately, with the roasted apples and pan sauce.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. Welch
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013
50 Shades of TasteSee More
Ensalada Tibia con Nueces
Bibi's Cheese FlanSee More