- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 cup apricot preserves
- 1 Tablespoon water
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, or to taste optional
- 1 pound Smoked Sausage, any variety, cut into 1/3-inch rounds
- 1 pound Hickory Smoked Bacon, each slice cut into 3 pieces
- Combine the preserves, the water, the lime juice, the soy sauce, the mustard and the pepper flakes in a blender or food processor. Puree until all the ingredients are blended and the mixture is smooth. Pour sauce into a small bowl, cover and refrigerate until needed. (Sauce can be made 5 days in advance).
- Preheat oven to 350̊ F. Line a large baking sheet, with sides, with parchment paper or a baking mat.
- Wrap each sausage round with a slice of bacon, secure with a wooden pick, and set on prepared baking sheet. Bake until bacon is brown and crisp, about 20 - 25 minutes per side. Remove baking sheet from oven, transfer bacon wrapped sausage coins to a paper towel lined plate to drain excess fat.
- Spoon sauce into a small bowl and set in the center of a large serving platter. Arrange bacon wrapped sausage coins around sauce bowl.
NotesI won second place in a National Recipe Contest in May of 2006 with this recipe. It is fast, easy and oh so good.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry 2013
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at Pesah
HalFire: A Passion for HotWings!See More
Hot Artichoke Dip
Lemon Streusel MuffinsSee More