- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryAnytime my friends and I get together to party someone MUST make these. I made them for Superbowl Sunday this year. Be careful slicing and seeding the jalapenos. Wear gloves or plastic bags over your hands. I rubbed the tip of my nose while making these...it burned for an hour...if you get juice near or in your eye it's hell (done that too).
- Ingredients amounts will vary depending on how many you make.
- Medium size Jalapenos
- Cream Cheese
- Favorite Seasoning Mix
- Place jalapenos in a colander and rinse in the sink. Slice the top stem off every jalapeno.
- Slice the jalapenos lengthwise in half.
- Scrape the seeds out into the sink/trash.
- This is where it gets messy..and you will need something over your hands...jalapeno juice hurts under your nails and cuticles too!!
- After prepping the jalapenos, mix up your cheese filing.
- I use just normal store brand bricks of cream cheese.
- I left them out to soften a bit then mixed in some Creole Seasoning with the cheese.
- This added to the HEAT
- my friend uses Lemon Pepper Seasoning instead.
- so you can pretty much add what you like.
- Using a knife, spread the cream cheese into the jalapeno "boats".
- Wrap each stuffed jalapeno half with a half slice bacon.
- These are best prepared ahead of time and then cooked right before you are ready to serve.
- They go well on the top level of a grill or under the broiler in the oven, just realize the they are going to release alot of fat because of the bacon. Broil/Grill until the bacon is cooked and the cheese is nicely melted.