- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- Ingredients amounts will vary depending on how many you make.
- Medium size Jalapenos
- Cream Cheese
- Favorite Seasoning Mix
- Place jalapenos in a colander and rinse in the sink. Slice the top stem off every jalapeno.
- Slice the jalapenos lengthwise in half.
- Scrape the seeds out into the sink/trash.
- This is where it gets messy..and you will need something over your hands...jalapeno juice hurts under your nails and cuticles too!!
- After prepping the jalapenos, mix up your cheese filing.
- I use just normal store brand bricks of cream cheese.
- I left them out to soften a bit then mixed in some Creole Seasoning with the cheese.
- This added to the HEAT
- my friend uses Lemon Pepper Seasoning instead.
- so you can pretty much add what you like.
- Using a knife, spread the cream cheese into the jalapeno "boats".
- Wrap each stuffed jalapeno half with a half slice bacon.
- These are best prepared ahead of time and then cooked right before you are ready to serve.
- They go well on the top level of a grill or under the broiler in the oven, just realize the they are going to release alot of fat because of the bacon. Broil/Grill until the bacon is cooked and the cheese is nicely melted.
NotesAnytime my friends and I get together to party someone MUST make these. I made them for Superbowl Sunday this year. Be careful slicing and seeding the jalapenos. Wear gloves or plastic bags over your hands. I rubbed the tip of my nose while making these...it burned for an hour...if you get juice near or in your eye it's hell (done that too).
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cooking with Sabra
Italy or Bust
Have Your Cake and EAT IT TOO! Allergen-Free Desserts Everyone Can EnjoySee More
Cocktail (The V)
Angel Acres Feel Better Chicken Noodle Soup
Twisted Shirley TempleSee More