- Cooking Time: 30
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 15
- 1 puff pastry sheet, defrosted
- 4 eggs
- 6 bacon strips
- 1/3 cup crème fraîche
- 3 tablespoons shredded gruyère cheese
- 1 teaspoon chopped chives
- Thaw the puff pastry dough according to the package instructions.
- Cook the bacon slices according to the package instructions.
- Preheat oven to 425F. Lightly grease a baking sheet.
- On lightly floured surface, roll out the puff pastry to about a 10″ x 10″ square. Place the pastry on the greased baking sheet.
- Gently score a 1/2 inch border on the pastry. Using a fork, prick the center of the pastry.
- In a small bowl, stir together the crème fraîche and shredded cheese, and season with salt and pepper.
- Spread the crème fraîche mixture on the pastry, keeping the border clean.
- Bake the tart for about 14 minutes, rotating the baking sheet halfway through baking.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven and, using a fork, prick any large air pockets in the pastry.
- Lay the bacon on top of the tart.
- Crack the eggs onto the tart, one in each corner.
- Bake until the egg whites are set and the yolks are still soft, 7 – 10 minutes.
- Garnish with the chives and serve immediately.
- More Bacon Recipes you may enjoy!
NotesTry this tart for your next brunch! It's easy to make, delicious to eat, and fun to share!