BACON AND EGG BREAKFAST TART
- Cooking Time: 30
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 15
- 1 puff pastry sheet, defrosted
- 4 eggs
- 6 bacon strips
- 1/3 cup crème fraîche
- 3 tablespoons shredded gruyère cheese
- 1 teaspoon chopped chives
- Thaw the puff pastry dough according to the package instructions.
- Cook the bacon slices according to the package instructions.
- Preheat oven to 425F. Lightly grease a baking sheet.
- On lightly floured surface, roll out the puff pastry to about a 10″ x 10″ square. Place the pastry on the greased baking sheet.
- Gently score a 1/2 inch border on the pastry. Using a fork, prick the center of the pastry.
- In a small bowl, stir together the crème fraîche and shredded cheese, and season with salt and pepper.
- Spread the crème fraîche mixture on the pastry, keeping the border clean.
- Bake the tart for about 14 minutes, rotating the baking sheet halfway through baking.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven and, using a fork, prick any large air pockets in the pastry.
- Lay the bacon on top of the tart.
- Crack the eggs onto the tart, one in each corner.
- Bake until the egg whites are set and the yolks are still soft, 7 – 10 minutes.
- Garnish with the chives and serve immediately.
- More Bacon Recipes you may enjoy!
NotesTry this tart for your next brunch! It's easy to make, delicious to eat, and fun to share!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Delicious Recipes Made Easy
Cooking On The Weekends - For The Love of Food!
Delicious Breakfasts for Gluten-Free Kids!See More
Luscious Tropical Dream Cake
Ultimate Peanut Butter & Chocolate Banana SplitSee More