- Cooking Time:
- Servings: Yield: 2 servings.
- Preparation Time:
- 4 bacon strips, diced
- 1/4 cup fresh broccoli florets
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon seasoned salt, optional
- Dash pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped tomato
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Using a slotted spoon, remove to paper towels; drain, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings. In the drippings, cook the broccoli, onion and garlic over medium heat for 2-3 minutes or until tender.
- In a small bowl, beat the eggs, parsley, seasoned salt if desired and pepper. Stir in bacon and broccoli mixture; add cheese and tomato.
- Pour into two 10-oz. ramekins or custard cups coated with cooking spray. Bake at 400° for 22-25 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
- More Bacon Recipes you may enjoy!
NotesI made this last night using egg substitute. I did not have 10 oz ramekins, so I used a small oval shaped baking dish. I know that I overdid both the broccoli and the tomatoes, so I used a whole cup of egg substitute. Because of the extra ingredients, bigger dish, etc..the cooking time was about 30 minutes. Came out well, I will get more like 4 servings as a side rather than 2. Whatever you put this in, don't forget to use the cooking spray like I did!
Regardless of my mishap, I can see myself using this recipe as a blueprint, varying the veggies, meats and cheese to suit what I have on hand. I was thinking spinach, feta, olives, and ham for next time.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Short & Sweet
HalFire: A Passion for HotWings!
'CHEF' the Film Cookbook: Recipes from El JefeSee More
Honey Cake (mézeskalács) As My Mother Makes
Delicious, flaky, lard-free pie crustSee More