- Cooking Time:
- Servings: Yield: 2 servings.
- Preparation Time:
- 4 bacon strips, diced
- 1/4 cup fresh broccoli florets
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon seasoned salt, optional
- Dash pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped tomato
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Using a slotted spoon, remove to paper towels; drain, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings. In the drippings, cook the broccoli, onion and garlic over medium heat for 2-3 minutes or until tender.
- In a small bowl, beat the eggs, parsley, seasoned salt if desired and pepper. Stir in bacon and broccoli mixture; add cheese and tomato.
- Pour into two 10-oz. ramekins or custard cups coated with cooking spray. Bake at 400° for 22-25 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
- More Bacon Recipes you may enjoy!
NotesI made this last night using egg substitute. I did not have 10 oz ramekins, so I used a small oval shaped baking dish. I know that I overdid both the broccoli and the tomatoes, so I used a whole cup of egg substitute. Because of the extra ingredients, bigger dish, etc..the cooking time was about 30 minutes. Came out well, I will get more like 4 servings as a side rather than 2. Whatever you put this in, don't forget to use the cooking spray like I did!
Regardless of my mishap, I can see myself using this recipe as a blueprint, varying the veggies, meats and cheese to suit what I have on hand. I was thinking spinach, feta, olives, and ham for next time.
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette Starbuck
Amsterdam Friends Cookbook
I'm Making Cookies! with Douglas E. WelchSee More
Salted Caramel - Sauce and/or squares
All the food groups in one dish...if you consider tomatoes a fruit :)!
Hanky PankySee More