- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 lb. large shrimp - peeled & deveined
- 1/2 lb. sliced bacon - or about one half slice bacon for each shrimp
- 1 whole fresh pineapple - peeled, cored and cut in wedges
- 1 red bell pepper - cut into 1" pieces
- 1 green bell pepper - cut into 1" pieces
- 1/2 lb. fresh button mushrooms
- 1 pint firm cherry tomatoes
- 1-1/2 cups pineapple juice (canned or bottled)
- 1 cup sweet & sour sauce
- Cut the bacon slices in half, crosswise.
- In a skillet, partially cook the bacon, then drain it on paper towels.
- Wrap a piece of bacon around each shrimp.
- Thread the bacon-wrapped shrimp on skewers, alternately with pineapple wedges, bell pepper chunks, cherry tomatoes and mushrooms.
- Arrange the kabobs in a large shallow pan.
- Whisk the pineapple juice and the sweet & sour sauce together.
- Use half of the sauce mixture as a marinade.
- Pour it over the kabobs in the pan.
- Cover with foil and refrigerate for 1-1/2 to 2 hours.
- Remove the kabobs and discard the used marinade.
- Grill the kabobs over medium hot coals for about 10 minutes, or until the shrimp are pink and the bacon is fully cooked.
- Rotate the kabobs and baste with the reserved sauce mixture while grilling