- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 24 scallops
- Preparation Time:
- 12 slices of bacon, cut in half lengthwise
- 24 medium-sized scallops
- 10 Tbsp butter
- 6 cloves garlic, pressed
- Dash of cayenne pepper (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Grease a 9 x 13 baking dish. If you want to make clean up easier, line the baking dish with foil (shiny side down) and grease the foil.
- Cut the bacon slices in half lengthwise so you have 24 pieces.
- Pre-fry the bacon just until it gets some color and it's still limp and soft (it needs to be flexible enought to wrap around the scallops).
- Melt the butter in a small bowl.
- Add garlic, salt, pepper and cayenne pepper (if using) and stir well.
- Set half of this butter / garlic mixture aside for later.
- Dip each scallop in melted butter / garlic sauce.
- Wrap a strip of bacon around each scallop; secure with toothpick (all the way through the scallop).
- Arrange the wrapped scallops on the greased baking dish.
- Bake on the middle rack for around 15 minutes (or until the scallops are done and the bacon is crisp).
- Place scallops in large bowl and pour remaining butter / garlic sauce from earlier over the scallops and toss gently to coat.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Holidays = Desserts = Happiness
The Secret Life of Bees: Cooking Your Way Through College
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 2 Desserts and CakesSee More
Corn Pocket Rolls
Krrispy's Beer Bacon BreadSee More