- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 1 cup pecan pieces
- 3/4 cup shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup dried cherries
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix oats, nuts, coconut and brown sugar to distribute evenly. In a smaller bowl, whisk maple syrup, oil and salt to combine. Pour the syrup mixture over the dry mixture and fold to evenly combine.
- Spread the mixture evenly on to two rimmed baking sheets. Bake for 1 hour 15 minutes, stirring every fifteen minutes, until nicely browned and fragrant.
- Remove granola to a large bowl. After cooling, mix in dried cherries.
- That's it. This stuff will keep in an airtight container for... well, I don't know how long, actually. It never lasts more than a couple of days in my apartment.
- Mix in different nuts (cashews are good), substitute raisins or dried blueberries for the cherries. Like I said, keep the proportions right, and you can swap out whatever you like.
NotesThis stuff is very basic and highly satisfying. Much better than anything store-bought, I've found. This recipe is adapted from Alton Brown's granola recipe. As long as the proportions remain the same, you can mix and match ingredients.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cooking On The Weekends - For The Love of Food!
Angel Acres Super Scrumptious Cookie Recipes!
I Got Baked: Introducing Cookbook CafeSee More
Salmon & Spinach Pesto Pasta
Antipasto for Kids (Gluten-Free)See More