- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 pound Mie noodles*
- 1/4 cup Canola oil
- 4 medium onions, minced
- 8 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup shredded cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup sliced cooked pork
- 2 tablespoons Kecap Manis Sedang* (Medium Sweet Indonesian soy sauce)
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2 cups white cabbage, sliced
- 1 cup leek, sliced
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1 teaspoon sambal oelek*
- Cook noodles in boiling water for 5 to 7 minutes, rinse with cold water, and drain. Fry all other ingredients (except bean sprouts) in a wok or deep frying pan for about 10 minutes.
- Add noodles and stock, cook for an additional 5 minutes; add bean sprouts and cook an additional 3 minutes.
- These ingredients can be purchased at 99 Ranch Market http://www.99ranch.com and at the Holland America Market
NotesThe following recipe comes from Indonesia with Chinese influence. Taste also great without meat - substitute firm tofu and use vegetable broth...Selamat Makan!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
20+ Pumpkin Recipes!
Watt's Cooking in PA?
Happy Father's Day Day... Your Favorite RecipesSee More
Soft Pumpkin Cookies with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting
Hot 'n Beefy Stuffed Pepper
Ginger Peach Upside Down CakeSee More