BAILEYS CHOCOLATE POT DE CRèME
- Cooking Time: 10 minutes
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- 6 ounces milk chocolate, finely chopped
- 6 ounces bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup of Baileys Irish Cream
- 1 ½ cup heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 5 large egg yolks
- Whipped cream and chocolate butterflies, for garnish (Optional)
1. In a large heatproof bowl, melt the chocolates.
2. In a medium saucepan, bring the Baileys, heavy cream and sugar to a boil, whisking constantly until the sugar is dissolved. Put aside and let cool for five minutes.
3. In a medium heatproof bowl, whisk the egg yolks. Then gradually whisk the egg-and-cream mixture in a saucepan and cook over moderate heat, stirring with a wooden spoon, until the custard coats the back of the spoon, about 4 minutes. Pour the custard over the chocolate and let stand for 2 minutes, then stir until smooth.
4. Transfer the mixture to a blender and puree until very smooth, about 1 minute. Pour the mixture through a fine mesh strainer into eight 4-ounce ramekins and refrigerate until chilled, 2 hours.
5. Let the pots de crème stand at room temperature for 15 minutes