- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup flour
- 1 Tbs baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- ** Stolen from Bake & Destroy! (duh)
- You will need:
- * 1 cup flour
- * 1 Tbs baking powder
- * 1/2 tsp baking soda
- * 1/2 tsp salt
- * 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- * 1 cup milk
- * 1 egg
- * 1/2 tsp vanilla
- Then you:
- 1. Whisk dry ingredients together in medium or large bowl- I used a bowl with a spout so I could pour the batter right from the bowl.
- 2. Whisk in wet ingredients until batter is smooth. If you’re adding chocolate chips, nuts or berries fold them in after you whisk.
- 3. Then, pour about 1/4 cup batter onto a hot griddle, flip the cakes when the edges are dry and the surface is covered with small bubbles. Try not to flip them more than once as it leads to tough pancakes.
- I insist on real butter and real maple syrup. What’s the point of homemade pancakes if you’re going to spread chemical sludge on them and douse them in sugar water? Also, margarine is sick, I hate it. It’s horrible for you and it tastes like a oil slick. There are some brands of soy margarine that are better than others, and I use those for vegan baking. But for general use, I stick with things with easily identifiable sources. Butter is made from cream. Cream is milk. Milk comes from cows. Milk is food. Margarine comes from a factory, it’s made my robot aliens. Obviously I’m not all Paula Dean with the butter- it’s high in fat and calories. But your body knows what to do with fat and calories in moderation. They’re energy sources. When you put chemical garbage into your body to spare ourself some calories your body doesn’t know what to do with it, so rather than converting it to energy it just sits there and turns into fat and cholesterol.
- That’s the end of my lesson on butter. Just eat it and shut up.
- ** photo by taminsea on flickr.
NotesStolen from Bake & Destroy! (duh)
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
TECHmunch Austin 2013 Food Blogger Community Cookbook
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at Pesah
Holidays = Desserts = HappinessSee More
Almond or Oat Milk
Roasted Rack Of Lamb Persillade
Nathan M’s German Apple Pancakes, modified from Emeril's “There’s a Chef in My World” Cook bookSee More