- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time:
- 1 pound whole wheat penne pasta
- 1 (16-ounce) carton fat-free cottage cheese
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 small onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound ground turkey breast
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- 2 (14.5-ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 (9-ounce) package baby spinach
- 2 cups (8 ounces) fat-free mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350F. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and set aside in a large bowl. Combine cottage cheese and eggs; set aside.
- In a large skillet, saute onion and garlic over medium heat. Add turkey; cook until browned. Add pasta sauce, diced tomatoes, oregano and basil. Reduce heat to low and cook for 5 to 10 minutes. Add spinach and cook until wilted. Combine the noodles, cottage cheese mixture, turkey mixture, mozzarella cheese, and Parmesan with a wooden spoon. Pour into a 9x13-inch baking dish. Bake at 350F for 40 to 45 minutes. Makes 8 servings.
NotesWhile I'm not a huge fan of whole wheat pasta, it really tastes delicious in this dish. A great meal to freeze, too!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Angel Acres Thanksgiving Dinner Cookbook!
Angel Acres Holiday Dessert Cookbook
Food Travels Through ItalySee More
Baked Potato Soup
Spicy Chicken Schnitzel and Bacon BaguetteSee More