- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups dried Navy beans
- 1 cup brown sugar
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 strips bacon
- 2 T butter or margarine
- To shorten cooking time, place beans in a large saucepan and soak overnight
- in deep cold water. The next morning, do not drain but cook beans in the
- soaking cold water. Bring beans to a full boil over high heat; reduce heat
- so mixture barely simmers. Simmer until beans are tender, about 2 hours.
- Drain off all but about a cup of the boiling liquid. Butter a deep round two-quart casserole. Pour beans into casserole dish.Stir in brown sugar, salt and pepper. Lay strips of raw bacon to top of beans. Dot with butter in between bacon strips.Bake at 350 degrees uncovered 1-1/2 to 2 hours until bacon is browned but beans are still moist.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cooking On The Weekends - For The Love of Food!
Gluten-Free - Making do with what you got!See More
Apricot Glazed Chicken Breasts
Blueberry Light MuffinsSee More