- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1-1/3 c. graham cracker crumbs (16 - 18)
- 1/4 c. sugar
- 1/4 c. soft butter or margarine
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg or cinnamon (optional)*
- In medium mixing bowl combine graham cracker crumbs, sugar, butter and nutmeg; blend until crumbly. Save out 1/3 c. crumbs to sprinkle on top of pie, if desired. Press remaining crumbs evenly on bottom and sides of 9" pie pan, making a small rim.
- Bake in moderate oven (375ºF.) 8 minutes, or until edges are lightly browned. Cool on wire rack and fill as pie recipe directs.
- *Personally I prefer using cinnamon. But I know there are a lot of nutmeg lovers out there.
- Unbaked Graham Cracker Crumb Crust:
- Use the same ingredients as for the baked crust; do not make rim on pie shell. Chill about 1 hour, or until set before filling.
- Walnut Graham Cracker Crust:
- Reduce crumbs to 1 c. and add 1/2 c. finely chopped walnuts. Follow directions for Baked Graham Cracker Crumb Crust. (You can use finely chopped pecans, almonds* or Brazil nuts instead of walnuts.)
- *Me here! I personally love the almonds!!
- Chocolate Graham Cracker Crust:
- Reduce crumbs to 1 c. and add 2 squares unsweetened chocolate, grated. Follow recipe for Baked Graham Cracker Crung Crust.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 2 Desserts and Cakes
Fun appetizers and snacks
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)See More
Chicken Cordon Bleu
Fudgy Caramel DelightSee More