- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 18 oysters; Shucked with large shell reserved
- 12 oz Pancetta, chopped
- 1 Shallot; minced
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper flake
- 1 Small jar of Roasted Red peppers; Drained and dried and chopped
- 1 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano; Grated
- 1/2 cup Panko
- 1/4 cup flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- Juice of 1 – 2 lemons
- Move oven rack 6 inches away from the element and set oven to broil.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, sauté Pancetta until is begins to give up fat, add shallot and red pepper flake; continue the sauté an additional 2 minutes.
- Place oysters on a rimmed baking sheet filled with Rock salt or Kosher Salt to keep them steady.
- Divide Pancetta mixture equally among the oysters.
- Broil for about 3 minutes until the pancetta is brown and crispy.
- Remove pan from broiler and divide red pepper equally between the oysters.
- Divide the Panko between the oysters
- Finally, divide the Parmigiano-Reggiano between the oysters.
- Return oysters to the broiler and heat until cheese has browns, about 2 minutes.
- Remove broiler and transfer to a platter. (You may need tongs for this as the shells will be REALLY hot.
- Sprinkle platter with chopped parsley and lemon juice.
NotesThis is a great alternative to just baking the oysters in their shell. Don't get me wrong, I love oysters baked in the shell and dipped in butter, but sometimes ya gotta mix it up a little. This is great as an appetizer for 4, a light main course for 2 or a serious shellfish binge for 1 (that would be me)
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Adventures in Cooking
Watt's Cooking in PA?
Sharing Christmas with FriendsSee More
Cocktail (The V)
Angel Acres Feel Better Chicken Noodle Soup
Twisted Shirley TempleSee More