- Cooking Time: 180
- Servings: 36
- Preparation Time: 15
- 8 large Apples of whatever variety (or mix thereof) you'd like.
- 1 cup unsweetened Apple Juice
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- 2 (generous) tsp. ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 (generous) tsp. ground Cloves
- 1/4 (generous) tsp. ground Allspice
- The ground up seeds of one large Green Cardamom Pod
- Generous pinch of Salt
- Core and cut the apples into chunks, but leave the skin on. Put apples and apple juice into a large sauce pan and boil over meduim heat for 30 minutes.
- Set oven to 275°F.
- Using a stick blender, blend the apples and skins until smooth. You can also use a food processor or blender, working in batches.
- Add the sugar , cinnamon, cloves, allspice, cardamom and salt. Stir to mix well. Pour into a 13x9 inch baking dish, and bake for 2 - 3 hours, stirring every half-hour, or until the butter reaches the consistency you like.
NotesHaving my previous attempt at making apple butter end up causing my arms to fall off from all the constant stirring, I decided to try a different approach. Gleaning methods and recipe basics from a number of different sources, I came up with this easy baked apple butter which requires very little in the way of stirring.
Watt's Cooking in PA?
St.George YMCA-YWCA Before and After School Cookbook
The Social CookbookSee More
Broccoli Chicken Casserole
SLOW COOKER BBQ COUNTRY RIBS
TUNA PARFAIT ON JAPANESE SWEET POTATO TEMPURA AND TEMPURA GREEN ONIONS WITH SAKE SOY GLAZESee More