- Cooking Time: 30-35
- Preparation Time:
- 1 (16-ounce) loaf French bread
- 8 eggs
- 3 cups milk
- 1/4 cup sugar, divided
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 5 Granny Smith apples, peeled, sliced
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Cut the bread into 1 1/2-inch slices. Arrange the slices in a single layer in a lightly greased 9x13-inch baking pan. Whisk the eggs in a large bowl until blended. Whisk in the milk, 1/4 cup of the sugar and vanilla.
- Pour half the egg mixture over the bread. Arrange the apple slices over the bread. Pour the remaining egg mixture over the apples. Mix the remaining 1/2 cup sugar and cinnamon in a small mixing bowl. Sprinkle over the top. Dot with the butter. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until the apples are tender. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Serve with maple syrup.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Vegan Glass Jar Goodies
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
Vegan Eats!See More
Chocolate Eclair Cake
Sara Lee® Fruity Breakfast Bread Spreads
Triple Chocolate Chunk CookiesSee More