- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3 apples, peeled and cored
- 1 stick cinnamon
- 1/4 c. brown sugar
- 2T butter
- 1/2 c. milk
- 1/2 c. half and half
- 1 c. heavy cream
- 2 T sour cream
- 1/4 t ground cinnamon
- 1/4 sugar
- Heat the oven to 400 degrees. Cut apples into eight wedges, and then in half. Put the apples in a baking dish so they're in a single layer. Add cinnamon stick, sugar and butter.
- Bake until golden and soft, about 50 minutes.
- From time to time, spoon cooking juices over apples.
- In a mixing bowl, combine milk, cream, half-half, sour cream cinnamon and sugar, whisk until smooth and well-comined. Pour through a fine strainer into the ice cream maker, and freeze according to manufacturer's instructions.
- When ice cream is firm and almost done, add the apples to the freezer, discarding cinnamon stick but adding cooking juices. Continue freezing until ice cream is firm, and put in freezer for an hour.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Classic Chocolate Recipes Elevated
GAES PTO Recipes
Baby Food: Baby's First Solid FoodsSee More
Soft Pumpkin Cookies with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting
Hot 'n Beefy Stuffed Pepper
Ginger Peach Upside Down CakeSee More