- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 c. milk
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 tbsp. sugar
- 2 c. sifted flour
- 3-5 tart apples, peeled, cored and sliced
- 3 tbsp. butter
- cinnamon sugar (1/2 cup sugar mixed with 3 tsp. cinnamon)
- Beat the eggs until thick, then add the milk, salt and sugar.
- Sift in the flour, mixing it well.
- Let the batter stand for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the apples and cinnamon sugar.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Butter two 8-9 round cake pans and sprinkle with part of the cinnamon sugar.
- Arrange the sliced apples in the pans.
- Sprinkle the apples with the remaining cinnamon sugar and dot with the butter.
- Pour the pancake batter over the apples, dividing it evenly between the pans.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until the top of each pancake is golden and set.
- This is best served hot.
- Slice each pancake into 8 wedges. 2 pancakes serve 8-10.
NotesThis recipe is from a Finnish American cookbook. The Finnish name of this dish is Omenapannukakku. This dish makes a wonderful brunch served with bacon or sausage. It also makes a very nice dessert served with a good vanilla ice cream.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Rainbows Of Vegan Love
I Got Baked: Introducing Cookbook Cafe
The NourishFull KitchenSee More
Cashew Macadamia Crunch
IRISH CHOCOLATE ICE CREAM
Unstuffed CabbageSee More