- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 8 Apples -- Red or Golden Delicious
- 6 ounces Raisins
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Orange zest
- 4 ounces Brown sugar
- Rinse and core each apple.
- The peels should be scored or partially removed to allow the pulp to expand without bursting the skin during baking.
- Plump the raisins by soaking them in boiling water for 10 minutes.
- Drain the raisins thoroughly.
- Combine the raisins, orange zest and brown sugar. Fill the cavity of each apple with this mixture.
- Stand the apples in a shallow baking dish.
- Add enough water to measure about 1/2 inch (1.2 centimeters) deep.
- Bake the apples at 375°F (190°C) for 15 minutes. Reduce the temperature to 300°F (150°C) and continue baking until the apples are tender but still hold their shape, approximately 1 hour. Occasionally, baste the apples with liquid from the baking dish.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette Starbuck
Quick Breads, Muffins and Cakes...Oh My!
Koken met OmaSee More
Cherry Chip Cheesecake BarsSee More