- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 8 Apples -- Red or Golden Delicious
- 6 ounces Raisins
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Orange zest
- 4 ounces Brown sugar
- Rinse and core each apple.
- The peels should be scored or partially removed to allow the pulp to expand without bursting the skin during baking.
- Plump the raisins by soaking them in boiling water for 10 minutes.
- Drain the raisins thoroughly.
- Combine the raisins, orange zest and brown sugar. Fill the cavity of each apple with this mixture.
- Stand the apples in a shallow baking dish.
- Add enough water to measure about 1/2 inch (1.2 centimeters) deep.
- Bake the apples at 375°F (190°C) for 15 minutes. Reduce the temperature to 300°F (150°C) and continue baking until the apples are tender but still hold their shape, approximately 1 hour. Occasionally, baste the apples with liquid from the baking dish.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
Koken met Oma
Italy or BustSee More
Delicious Fudgy Black Bean Brownies
Steamed vegetables saladSee More