- Cooking Time: 10-45 minutes
- Servings: 4-5
- Preparation Time: 10-20 minutes
- 4 large, firm baking apples.
- 4 tablespoons white or brown sugar.
- one-fourth teaspoon cinnamon and/or nutmeg.
- chopped nuts and/or raisins (optional).
- 2 teaspoons orange juice or water.
- Core (without cutting through the bottom of the apples) and peel upper half of apples. Place an inch apart in a glass or ceramic baking dish. Fill centers with a mixture of sugar, spices and nuts. Pour one-half teaspoon juice in each. Cover loosely with plastic wrap and microwave on high for 7 to 10 minutes, rotating dish 180 degrees after 4 minutes. Let stand, covered, for 2 minutes.
- For oven-baked apples, prepare apples as above, but cover bottom of baking dish with water (about one-fourth inch deep). Bake at 375 degrees, uncovered, about 45 minutes, or just until tender. Baste often.
Cooking On The Weekends - For The Love of Food!
Jean’s Recipe File
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013See More
Gluten Free Gingerbread Cupcake with Browned Butter Butter Cream Frosting
Cinnamon Blueberry Crumble
Mrs. Jackson’s Grits – “Selma”See More