- Cooking Time: 10-45 minutes
- Servings: 4-5
- Preparation Time: 10-20 minutes
- 4 large, firm baking apples.
- 4 tablespoons white or brown sugar.
- one-fourth teaspoon cinnamon and/or nutmeg.
- chopped nuts and/or raisins (optional).
- 2 teaspoons orange juice or water.
- Core (without cutting through the bottom of the apples) and peel upper half of apples. Place an inch apart in a glass or ceramic baking dish. Fill centers with a mixture of sugar, spices and nuts. Pour one-half teaspoon juice in each. Cover loosely with plastic wrap and microwave on high for 7 to 10 minutes, rotating dish 180 degrees after 4 minutes. Let stand, covered, for 2 minutes.
- For oven-baked apples, prepare apples as above, but cover bottom of baking dish with water (about one-fourth inch deep). Bake at 375 degrees, uncovered, about 45 minutes, or just until tender. Baste often.
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for Lunch
VivaVeganGal's Family Favorites
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew JudsonSee More
Tortellini with Pumpkin Alfredo Sauce
GRILLED MISO-CITRUS SCALLOP LOLLIPOPS
Chocolate Panna CottaSee More