- Cooking Time: 60
- Servings: 6-8
- Preparation Time: 20
- 3-4 tart apples (granny smith)
- 3-4 sweet applets (gala)
- 1/4 brown sugar
- 2Tbsp butter
- 1tsp cinnamon
- 1/4tsp allspice
- 1 lemon - juiced
- 1 orange - juiced
- ** Optional: any fresh berries, especially raspberries or blackberries.
- Peel, core, and dice the apples into a covered baking dish.
- (Add berries to the apples.)
- Top apples with brown sugar, butter, cinnamon, and allspice.
- Squeeze lemon and orange juice over apples.
- Bake, covered, for 1 hour at 400 degrees, or until apples are soft. Stir once, halfway through cooking.
- Remove from oven and stir vigorously with a spoon until mostly smooth. (For very smooth applesauce, use a hand blender.) Recover and let cool.
NotesGreat in oatmeal and yogurt. And it will make your kitchen smell AMAZING!
(An addapted and simplified version of an Ina Garten recipe.)
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Italy or Bust
Basic Blends: Healthy Juicing Recipes
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at PesahSee More
Sweet Potato Pizza Dough
Grilled Summer Veggie Pizza
Zesty Italian ChickenSee More