- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3 bananas (optional: mix with berries)
- 1 c. oatmeal
- 1 c. flour
- 1 c. brown sugar
- 1 c. melted butter or margarine
- 1/2 c. nuts (optional)
- 1/2 c. coconut (optional)
- 2 T. lemon juice
- Grated nutmeg or cinnamon
- Grease 12 ramekins or a 9" round pan.
- For the doubled recipe I used a 13x9 inch pan.
- Heat oven to 350 F
- Slice bananas and/or large berries, add lemon juice to all fruit, and toss.
- Layer fruit on the bottom of pan.
- Mix remaining ingredients except nutmeg or cinnamon and spread over fruit.
- If you double this recipe, you will probably have leftover "topping."
- I did, so I made another smaller crumble a couple of days later.
- Grate nutmeg or cinnamon on top (I used nutmeg) and bake about 20 minutes, until bubbly.
- Serve with sour cream, ice cream, or whipped cream.
NotesI don't remember where I found this recipe, but it was a hit when I took it to a party this summer.
I doubled this recipe, using whatever fruit I had in the house, which was 2 bananas, 2 c. of blueberries, and around 1 c. of strawberries. I didn't put any nuts in, but I bet they'd be good too.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
"Pretty Food" for the home Chef
Let's Talk Turkey! My Family's Turkey Day FeastSee More
pistachio cranberry icebox cookies
Teeny Tiny Italian Meat-loaves
Mom's Holiday Stove Top StuffingSee More