- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 6 firm bananas
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons guava jelly
- 1/2 cup dark rum
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Over low heat in saucepan melt butter.
- Add sugar and guava jelly, cook till sugar dissolves and thin syrup forms, about 10 minutes.
- Fold in 1/4 cup rum.
- Peel bananas and place in buttered casserole. Sprinkle them with lemon juice.
- Pour syrup over the bananas and bake in 350ºF oven for 20 minutes.
- Just before serving add remaining 1/4 cup rum. Ignite and serve flaming.
NotesThis is a great recipe to finish a special dinner party.
Be always very careful when serving a flambé.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry!
Gluten Free Baking With KitchenAid: 33 Bloggers Share GF Treats!
Get Fit With Good Food!See More
Cake Mix Banana Nut Bread
EZ Salami Rolls
Asparagus FrittataSee More