- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 6 firm bananas
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons guava jelly
- 1/2 cup dark rum
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Over low heat in saucepan melt butter.
- Add sugar and guava jelly, cook till sugar dissolves and thin syrup forms, about 10 minutes.
- Fold in 1/4 cup rum.
- Peel bananas and place in buttered casserole. Sprinkle them with lemon juice.
- Pour syrup over the bananas and bake in 350ºF oven for 20 minutes.
- Just before serving add remaining 1/4 cup rum. Ignite and serve flaming.
NotesThis is a great recipe to finish a special dinner party.
Be always very careful when serving a flambé.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Girl Scout Campfire Cookbook Troop 60252
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. Welch
Three Sweet Spring Treats from Saddlebred Rescue, Inc.See More
Ensalada Tibia con Nueces
Bibi's Cheese FlanSee More