- Cooking Time: 1 1/2 to 2 1/3 hours
- Servings: 4 to 6
- Preparation Time: less than 30
- 1 medium sweet onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup dark molasses
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoon French's mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Soy Sauce
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon dry hot mustard
- 3 cans (16 ounces each) Pork and Beans in tomato sauce
- 8 frankfurters, sliced
- Mix together onion, ketchup, molasses, brown sugar, French's mustard, and garlic, and dry hot mustard, Worcestershire sauce, Soy Sauce. Add beans and stir to blend.
- Turn mixture into a 2-quart casserole or I usually just mix it right in the casserole.
- bake at 300° for 1 1/2 to 2 hours.
- Mix sliced franks on the beans; bake 30 minutes longer.
NotesMy Mom used to make this for me when I was a small kid. I have changed the amounts of the ingredients over the years to twist it up to my tastes. My children when they were small asked for this one quite a bit. The nice thing is that its quick and easy to put together, easy clean up and keeps the kids happy.