- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 pints Great northern beans -- canned
- 1 large gala apple -- cored and sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 clove garlic -- crushed
- 1 medium onion -- chopped
- 3 slices bacon -- diced
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 2 tablespoons pancake syrup
- 4 tablespoons ketchup
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 tablespoon dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup Captain Morgan Spice Rum
- 3/4 cup tomato juice
- Cook the diced bacon in a skillet with the butter.
- Add the apples, onions, garlic and cook until tender.
- Add the white and brown sugars and stir until the sugar is melted.
- Spray a large casserole dish with non-stick spray.
- Add all ingredients in a large mixing bowl and mix well.
- Pour into the prepared casserole dish.
- Bake covered in at 325 degrees oven for 2 hours.
NotesThis is different from most baked bean recipes but it really makes the kitchen smell great!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Just Desserts - Top 20 from the Culinary Alchemy Blog
BakeSpace's Community Cookbook Live Demonstration at SXSW
Foodie BabySee More
Chocolate Eclair Cake
Sara Lee® Fruity Breakfast Bread Spreads
Triple Chocolate Chunk CookiesSee More