- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 pints Great northern beans -- canned
- 1 large gala apple -- cored and sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 clove garlic -- crushed
- 1 medium onion -- chopped
- 3 slices bacon -- diced
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 2 tablespoons pancake syrup
- 4 tablespoons ketchup
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 tablespoon dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup Captain Morgan Spice Rum
- 3/4 cup tomato juice
- Cook the diced bacon in a skillet with the butter.
- Add the apples, onions, garlic and cook until tender.
- Add the white and brown sugars and stir until the sugar is melted.
- Spray a large casserole dish with non-stick spray.
- Add all ingredients in a large mixing bowl and mix well.
- Pour into the prepared casserole dish.
- Bake covered in at 325 degrees oven for 2 hours.
NotesThis is different from most baked bean recipes but it really makes the kitchen smell great!
A Happy Life Cookbook : Recipes for a Healthy Life
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or Party
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at PesahSee More
Curried Wheat Bread
Chicken Fried Steak (TNT)
BRIE AND PROSCIUTTO FILLED CHILE RELLENOS ON A BED OF FIGS AND ARUGULASee More