- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 pints Great northern beans -- canned
- 1 large gala apple -- cored and sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 clove garlic -- crushed
- 1 medium onion -- chopped
- 3 slices bacon -- diced
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 2 tablespoons pancake syrup
- 4 tablespoons ketchup
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 tablespoon dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup Captain Morgan Spice Rum
- 3/4 cup tomato juice
- Cook the diced bacon in a skillet with the butter.
- Add the apples, onions, garlic and cook until tender.
- Add the white and brown sugars and stir until the sugar is melted.
- Spray a large casserole dish with non-stick spray.
- Add all ingredients in a large mixing bowl and mix well.
- Pour into the prepared casserole dish.
- Bake covered in at 325 degrees oven for 2 hours.
NotesThis is different from most baked bean recipes but it really makes the kitchen smell great!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Super Buddies Homemade Doggie Treats
Disney's Tinker Bell "Secret of the Wings Cookbook"
Italy or BustSee More
Super Easy Chicken and Pepper Mexican Spiced Rice Stir Fry
How To Make Caramelized Onions
Salted Nut SquaresSee More