- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryJust like Grandma used to make! These baked beans are very similar to my Mamaw's (she never wrote a recipe down.) There's never any leftovers! This will serve 10-12, if you want to half it put it in a 9x9 pan.
- 2 (31 ounce) cans pork & beans, drained off most of the liquid
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 slices of bacon diced
- 5-6 slices of bacon (enough to cover the top)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- In a 13 x 9 inch baking dish, the pork and beans, brown sugar, onion, ketchup, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, season with salt and pepper to taste. Mix until combined. stir in the diced bacon.
- Top with the bacon slices.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 1 hour, or until sauce is thickened and bacon is cooked.
- My family likes it nice and thick so I bake mine for 1 hour 25 minutes and the bacon was nice and done and starting to really darken on the edges.