- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 (31 ounce) cans pork & beans, drained off most of the liquid
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 slices of bacon diced
- 5-6 slices of bacon (enough to cover the top)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- In a 13 x 9 inch baking dish, the pork and beans, brown sugar, onion, ketchup, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, season with salt and pepper to taste. Mix until combined. stir in the diced bacon.
- Top with the bacon slices.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 1 hour, or until sauce is thickened and bacon is cooked.
- My family likes it nice and thick so I bake mine for 1 hour 25 minutes and the bacon was nice and done and starting to really darken on the edges.
NotesJust like Grandma used to make! These baked beans are very similar to my Mamaw's (she never wrote a recipe down.) There's never any leftovers! This will serve 10-12, if you want to half it put it in a 9x9 pan.