- Cooking Time: 300–420
- Servings: 8–10
- Preparation Time: 15 (not inc overnite)
- 1 lb dry northern beans
- ½ lb bacon, cut in 1" pieces
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 sweet onion
- 1 bottle chili sauce
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ⅔ cup molasses
- 3 tsp dry mustard
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1–2 tbsp of bacon fat
- Pepper to taste
- Crock pot or large stock pot
- Soak the navy beans overnight; drain.
- Place in a pot with enough water to cover the beans. Boil until tender; about one hour.
- While the beans cook, cook the bacon until crisp. Reserve one to two tablespoons of bacon fat.
- Put the teaspoon of salt in the water with the beans. Drain, but reserve the liquid.
- In the pot, combine all of the ingredients including the bacon fat but not the reserved liquid. Once combined, add a bit of the reserved liquid to create a fluid consistency.
- Cook the beans 4–6 hours (depending on your crock pot) – stir occasionally and add additional reserved liquid to continue to have a fluid consistency.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Growers' Giveback Potluck
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome Recipes
Angel Acres Christmas Dinner Cookbook!See More
Steamed trout with ginger and spring onions
Buttery Pull-Apart Bread
Ham & Cheese Roll UpsSee More