- Cooking Time: 300–420
- Servings: 8–10
- Preparation Time: 15 (not inc overnite)
- 1 lb dry northern beans
- ½ lb bacon, cut in 1" pieces
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 sweet onion
- 1 bottle chili sauce
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ⅔ cup molasses
- 3 tsp dry mustard
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1–2 tbsp of bacon fat
- Pepper to taste
- Crock pot or large stock pot
- Soak the navy beans overnight; drain.
- Place in a pot with enough water to cover the beans. Boil until tender; about one hour.
- While the beans cook, cook the bacon until crisp. Reserve one to two tablespoons of bacon fat.
- Put the teaspoon of salt in the water with the beans. Drain, but reserve the liquid.
- In the pot, combine all of the ingredients including the bacon fat but not the reserved liquid. Once combined, add a bit of the reserved liquid to create a fluid consistency.
- Cook the beans 4–6 hours (depending on your crock pot) – stir occasionally and add additional reserved liquid to continue to have a fluid consistency.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Angel Acres Super Scrumptious Cookie Recipes!
Cooking for a Cure
20+ Pumpkin Recipes!See More
Tabouleh (Cracked Wheat/Cucumber Salad)
Annie's Strawberry Dessert
Old Fashioned GingerbreadSee More