- Cooking Time: 5hours or so
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- 1 (6 1/2-pound) all-beef bologna
- 1/2 cup Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 cups golden brown sugar
- 1 loaf sliced white bread
- 1 jar yellow mustard
- Heat oven to 300
- Foi la large roasting pan.
- Using a small sharp knife score the top of the bologna, cutting about 1/4-inch deep, to create a diamond design.
- Place the bologna, cut side down, in the foil lined pan and spread a thin layer of mustard on the exposed areas. Using your hands, press the brown sugar onto the Dijon mustard to create a coating.
- Turn the bologna over, and spread the top and sides with the remaining Dijon mustard.
- Press the remaining brown sugar onto the mustard to coat the entire bologna well.
- Place the bologna in the top third of the oven.
- Bake for 5 hours, rotating the bologna
- Remove the bologna from the pan and place it on a large platter.
- Slice the bologna 1/2-inch thick and make sandwiches on fresh white bread and you can use mayo or mustard. YUM!!!
NotesI so old school it isn't funny but I sometime crave bologna and this is so good of a recipe you just got to give bologna try if you haven't .
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Food Travels Through Italy
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
Italy or BustSee More
Chocolate Eclair Cake
Sara Lee® Fruity Breakfast Bread Spreads
Triple Chocolate Chunk CookiesSee More