Baked Brie Strata
Why I Love This Recipe
Ingredients You'll Need
2 small zucchini, cut crosswise into 1/4-inch slices (2 cups)
* 6 1/2-inch thick slices crusty sourdough bread
* 8 ounces Brie cheese, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
* 4 Roma tomatoes, cut lengthwise into 1/4-inch slices
* 1 cup refrigerated or frozen egg product, thawed
* 2/3 cup evaporated skim milk
* 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
* 3 tablespoons snipped fresh dill
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1/8 teaspoon pepper
* 6 to 8 cherry tomatoes
* Nonstick cooking spray
Cook zucchini, covered, in a small amount of boiling lightly salted water for 2 to 3 minutes or until just tender. Drain and set aside.
2. Meanwhile, spray a 2-quart rectangular baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Arrange bread slices in the prepared baking dish, cutting as necessary to fit. Sprinkle half of the Brie evenly on top. Arrange zucchini and tomatoes on top of bread. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
3. In a bowl combine egg product, evaporated skim milk, onion, dill, salt, and pepper. Pour evenly over vegetables and cheese. Lightly press vegetables down with back of spoon to be sure everything is saturated with egg mixture. Cover with plastic wrap; chill for 4 to 24 hours.
4. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Remove plastic wrap from strata; cover with foil. Bake 30 minutes. Uncover and bake 25 to 30 minutes more or until knife inserted near center comes out clean. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Questions, Comments & Reviews
More Great Recipes: Main Dish