BAKED BRIE WITH APPLES & CRANBERRIES
- 1/2 cup chopped apple (1/2 medium)
- 1/4 cup sliced natural almonds
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon Pantry Korintje Cinnamon
- 1tablespoon butter or margarine, melted
- 1 round (8 ounces) Brie cheese (about 4 inches in diameter)
- 1 Loaf French Bread, toasted
Preheat oven to 350F.
Combine apple, almonds, cranberries, brown sugar and cinnamon in small bowl; mix gently.
Stir in butter just until ingredients are moistened.
Cut Brie in half horizontally. Place one half of Brie, rind side down, on a small baking pan.
Spoon half of the apple mixture onto bottom half of Brie, spreading evenly. Top with remaining half of Brie, rind side up.
Spoon remaining apple mixture over top.
Bake 12-15 minutes or until cheese is soft and just begins to melt.
Serve with toasted French Bread, apple wedges or assorted crackers.
Variation: Baked Brie with Pesto & Mushrooms: chop 4 ounces mushrooms (1 cup) and 1/2 cup seasoned croutons. In small pan, cook mushrooms in 2 t. olive oil 2-3 min. over med-high heat; remove pan from heat. Add chopped croutons and 1/4 cup prepared basil pesto; mix gently. Assemble and bake Brie as recipe directs. Garnish with red bell pepper strips.
Cook Tips: Brie is a French cheese known for its soft texture & downy, white rind. When preparing Brie, leave the rind on the cheese. The entire cheese is edible, including the rind. An 8-oz wedge of Brie can be substituted for the round.