- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryThis is always a hit during the holidays. Who wouldn't want to indulge in this?!
- 1/2 cup chopped apple (1/2 medium)
- 1/4 cup sliced natural almonds
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon Pantry Korintje Cinnamon
- 1tablespoon butter or margarine, melted
- 1 round (8 ounces) Brie cheese (about 4 inches in diameter)
- 1 Loaf French Bread, toasted
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Combine apple, almonds, cranberries, brown sugar and cinnamon in small bowl; mix gently.
- Stir in butter just until ingredients are moistened.
- Cut Brie in half horizontally. Place one half of Brie, rind side down, on a small baking pan.
- Spoon half of the apple mixture onto bottom half of Brie, spreading evenly. Top with remaining half of Brie, rind side up.
- Spoon remaining apple mixture over top.
- Bake 12-15 minutes or until cheese is soft and just begins to melt.
- Serve with toasted French Bread, apple wedges or assorted crackers.
- Variation: Baked Brie with Pesto & Mushrooms: chop 4 ounces mushrooms (1 cup) and 1/2 cup seasoned croutons. In small pan, cook mushrooms in 2 t. olive oil 2-3 min. over med-high heat; remove pan from heat. Add chopped croutons and 1/4 cup prepared basil pesto; mix gently. Assemble and bake Brie as recipe directs. Garnish with red bell pepper strips.
- Cook Tips: Brie is a French cheese known for its soft texture & downy, white rind. When preparing Brie, leave the rind on the cheese. The entire cheese is edible, including the rind. An 8-oz wedge of Brie can be substituted for the round.