- Cooking Time: 20-25 Let stand 45 min
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 15
- 1 sheet of Peppridge Farm Puff Pastry
- 1 egg
- 1tbs water
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/3 cup dried cherries, softened
- 1/2 tsp chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 13.2 oz Brie cheese round
- Heat oven to 400 F.
- Cover a baking pan/dish with foil. (The honey tends to ooze out.)
- Beat the egg and the water in a small bowl.
- Soften cherries in 1/2 cup hot water. Let stand 1 minute. Drain and dry.
- Thaw pastry sheet (40 min at room temp or defrost for 15-20 sec in microwave if you are in a hurry) and spread out on a lightly floured surface.
- Stir together honey, cherries, rosemary and pecans in a small bowel.
- Spread the mixture in the middle of the puff pastry.
- Place brie on top of the mixture.
- Fold two opposite sides over the brie.
- Trim the other two sides so that there is about two inches from the edge of the cheese.
- Fold sides onto the cheese and press the edges to seal.
- Place the cheese seam side down on a foiled baking pan.
- Decorate the top with the pasty scraps. Be creative!
- Brush with egg mixture and bake for 20-25 minutes or until it is golden brown. Let stand for 45 minutes. Serve warm
NotesI found this recipe in the December 2010 Cooking Light magazine. I made it for a family dinner, as an appetizer and everyone loved it. It was simple and tasty! You can also find this recipe at www.puffpastry.com
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Driscoll's Berry Desserts
Pies, wonderful pies! Both sweet and savoury.
Lau Family RecipesSee More
Almond or Oat Milk
Roasted Rack Of Lamb Persillade
Nathan M’s German Apple Pancakes, modified from Emeril's “There’s a Chef in My World” Cook bookSee More