- Cooking Time: 20-25 Let stand 45 min
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 15
BackstoryI found this recipe in the December 2010 Cooking Light magazine. I made it for a family dinner, as an appetizer and everyone loved it. It was simple and tasty! You can also find this recipe at www.puffpastry.com
- 1 sheet of Peppridge Farm Puff Pastry
- 1 egg
- 1tbs water
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/3 cup dried cherries, softened
- 1/2 tsp chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 13.2 oz Brie cheese round
- Heat oven to 400 F.
- Cover a baking pan/dish with foil. (The honey tends to ooze out.)
- Beat the egg and the water in a small bowl.
- Soften cherries in 1/2 cup hot water. Let stand 1 minute. Drain and dry.
- Thaw pastry sheet (40 min at room temp or defrost for 15-20 sec in microwave if you are in a hurry) and spread out on a lightly floured surface.
- Stir together honey, cherries, rosemary and pecans in a small bowel.
- Spread the mixture in the middle of the puff pastry.
- Place brie on top of the mixture.
- Fold two opposite sides over the brie.
- Trim the other two sides so that there is about two inches from the edge of the cheese.
- Fold sides onto the cheese and press the edges to seal.
- Place the cheese seam side down on a foiled baking pan.
- Decorate the top with the pasty scraps. Be creative!
- Brush with egg mixture and bake for 20-25 minutes or until it is golden brown. Let stand for 45 minutes. Serve warm
St.George YMCA-YWCA Before and After School Cookbook
Cooking with Sabra
Sauce du Jour Culinary Institution: where every crazy chef gets a sharp knifeSee More
Teriyaki Turkey Sliders
Sweet Potato Black Bean Enchiladas
Anisette sponge cookiesSee More