- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1/3 cup tomato preserves or mango chutney
- 1/3 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 8 ounce round of brie cheese (4" diameter)
- Assorted crackers or French bread slices
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- Carmelize the onions in hot butter, covered over low heat about 15 minutes or until tender and golden, stirring occasionally. Meanwhile, in a small bowl stir chutney (cut up any large pieces of chutney), rosemary and crushed red pepper.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Cut off and discard a very thin slice from the top of the brie to remove the rind. Place the round of brie in an ungreased 9" pie plate. Top with tomato or chutney mixture, then with caramelized onions.
- Bake, uncovered, about 10-12 minutes or until brie is softened and warmed but not runny. If desired, serve with crackers or bread slices. Makes 8 servings.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Breads and Pastry 101
Driscoll's Berry Desserts
MetroCooking DC 2013See More
Carmelized Banana Tart (Land O Lakes)
Betty Crocker Ooey Gooey Pumpkin Caramel Cupcakes
Chinese Chicken WingsSee More