- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 small onion, cut into thin wedges
- 2 teaspoons butter or margarine
- 1/3 cup tomato preserves or mango chutney
- 1/2 teaspoon snipped fresh rosemary or
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 8-ounce round Brie cheese (about 4 inches in diameter)
- Breadsticks, assorted crackers, or French bread slices
- For caramelized onions, cook onion in hot butter or margarine in a small saucepan, covered, over low heat about 15 minutes or until tender and golden, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, stir together tomato preserves or mango chutney (cut up any large pieces of chutney), rosemary, and crushed red pepper in a small bowl.
- Cut off a thin slice from the top of the Brie to remove the rind; discard.
- Place the Brie in an ungreased 9-inch pie plate. Top with tomato or chutney mixture, then with caramelized onions.
- Bake, uncovered, in a 325F oven about 10 to 12 minutes or until Brie is softened and warmed but not runny.
- Serve with breadsticks, crackers, or bread slices.