- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryI tried this for fun and it turned out to be a big hit on Christmas. Everyone in my family devoured it and asks me to make it for every get together, but I save it until Christmas.
- 1 package of puff pastry, full sheet not shells
- 1 round package of brie
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 4-6 Granny Smith apples sliced
- Combine egg and water set aside.
- Thaw puff pastry according to package directions.
- Open brie and cut down the center creating two rounds of brie.
- Pile brown sugar and nuts in center of one side of the brie (rind side down) and place the other on top rind side up.
- Wrap your stuffed brie with the puff pastry. Trim of any excess pastry so that the wrapped brie will lay flat on your not stick baking pan. Use small leaf shaped or star shaped cookie cutters to make shapes out of left over puff pastry, place cut outs on top.
- Baste the puff pastry with the egg wash.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 30-40 minutes or until the puff pastry is nicely browned.
- Use a cheese knife and serve with granny smith apples. Everyone can slice in and use the apples like a cracker.