- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 package of puff pastry, full sheet not shells
- 1 round package of brie
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 4-6 Granny Smith apples sliced
- Combine egg and water set aside.
- Thaw puff pastry according to package directions.
- Open brie and cut down the center creating two rounds of brie.
- Pile brown sugar and nuts in center of one side of the brie (rind side down) and place the other on top rind side up.
- Wrap your stuffed brie with the puff pastry. Trim of any excess pastry so that the wrapped brie will lay flat on your not stick baking pan. Use small leaf shaped or star shaped cookie cutters to make shapes out of left over puff pastry, place cut outs on top.
- Baste the puff pastry with the egg wash.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 30-40 minutes or until the puff pastry is nicely browned.
- Use a cheese knife and serve with granny smith apples. Everyone can slice in and use the apples like a cracker.
NotesI tried this for fun and it turned out to be a big hit on Christmas. Everyone in my family devoured it and asks me to make it for every get together, but I save it until Christmas.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Breads and Pastry 101
The Best of Brock: Celebrating 85 Years of CookingSee More
Almond or Oat Milk
Roasted Rack Of Lamb Persillade
Nathan M’s German Apple Pancakes, modified from Emeril's “There’s a Chef in My World” Cook bookSee More