- Cooking Time: 35
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time:
- 1 large head of cabbage
- Cheese Sauce:
- 1/2 cup butter(I used country crock)
- 4 Tbs flour
- 1 cup of celery, onions and green peppers all chopped
- Cayenne pepper to taste
- 1-1/2 cups of milk(I used low fat)
- 1/2 Lb of cheddar cheese shredded (I used Calbot low fat cheddar)
- 1 cup green onions
- 1/4 cup seasoned Italian breadcrumbs
- (I used less of both)
- Cut the cabbage into bite size pieces. Boil for about 10 minutes or until crisp tender. Drain.
- Melt the butter in a separate saucepan and add the flour. Blend well.Add the onions, celery, pepper and cayenne. Saute for 10 minutes.Add the milk and stir well. Add the cheese and stir till smoothe.
- Place the cabbage in a 2-Qt buttered casserole dish. Add the cabbage, pour the sauce over top with the onions and breadcrumbs. Bake at 350 for about 30 minutes.
- I sauted the vegetables separately, then added to the thickened sauce. I also added the sauce to the cooked cabbage, mixed well then placed it in the prepared dish.
- Next time I will used chicken stock in place of the low fat milk and will add some carrots to the vegt. mix as well.
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 1 Mains and Appetisers
Recipes Worth Counter Surfing For - Vizsla Owners Best Loved Recipes
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew JudsonSee More
Jack O Lantern Cupcake
Silky Chocolate Kefir Tarts
creamed carrotsSee More