- Cooking Time: 60 minutes
- Servings: 8-10
- Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- 2 (28 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil leaves
- 24 ounces whole milk ricotta cheese (about 3 cups)
- 1 ½ cups parmesan cheese
- 4 ounces mixed Italian blend of cheese
- 2 ½ cups whole milk mozzarella cheese shredded
- 2 eggs
- 2 packages of fresh flat lasagna noodle
- 16 slices of sliced Prosciutto
- Pulse the tomatoes with the juice in a food processor until finely chopped.
- Heat oil, garlic in a saucepan 1-2 minutes add tomatoes, ½ teaspoon salt simmer for 15 minutes.
- Take off heat add basil and more salt and pepper if needed.
- In a bowl mix ricotta, 1 cup parmesan, the Italian blend, 2 cup mozzarella, egg ,1//2 teaspoon salt, ½ teaspoon pepper together and set aside.
- In a pot boiling water for noodles, cut sheets into 3 serving size squares, boil for 1-2 minutes.
- Put 1 ½ cup sauce on bottom of baking dish 13x9
- Put ¼ cup cheese on evenly over the bottom ¼ of each noodle, top cheese with one slice of prosciutto
- Roll and place seam side down in baking dish, repeat until done.
- Pour remaining sauce over rolled noodles, cover noodles completely, Sprinkle with remaining parmesan cheese and mozzarella. Spray foil with cooking spray to keep it from sticking to the cheese. Cover with foil
- Bake at 400 degrees
- Bake for 30-40 minutes until sauce is bubbling. Remove foil and cook for 25 more minutes.
NotesThis is a good Make-Ahead Recipe.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry!
Cooking On The Weekends - For The Love of Food!
Basic Blends: Healthy Juicing RecipesSee More
Hot Artichoke Dip
Lemon Streusel MuffinsSee More