- Cooking Time: 7
- Preparation Time:
- 1 teaspoon of melted organic butter
- 3 tablespoons of (real!) maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon of turbinado sugar
- 1 tablespoon of flour
- 3 tablespoons of organic pecan pieces.
- Sweet Grass Dairy's Green Hill cheese
- I mixed together about 1 teaspoon of melted organic butter, 3 tablespoons of (real!) maple syrup, 1 tablespoon of turbinado sugar, 1 tablespoon of flour, and 3 tablespoons of organic pecan pieces.
- I sliced the top rind off of the cheese and spread that mixture on top.
- I put the cheese with topping in the fridge for about half an hour.
- After dinner, I put the cheese in a 400 degree F oven for about 7 minutes, which solidified the top slightly and made the cheese start to melt. Meanwhile I chopped up an apple and a pear to go with it.
NotesWe bought a round of Sweet Grass Dairy's Green Hill cheese (www.sweetgrassdairy.com) a couple of weeks ago. We hadn’t used it yet because I was trying to do something a little special with it and needed time to think what to do.
Yum–easy dessert as well. I had to stop us from eating all of it with a reminder to my husband that he could eat the rest for breakfast!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Fun appetizers and snacks
BakeSpace's Community Cookbook Live Demonstration at SXSW
VivaVeganGal's Family FavoritesSee More
Almond or Oat Milk
Roasted Rack Of Lamb Persillade
Nathan M’s German Apple Pancakes, modified from Emeril's “There’s a Chef in My World” Cook bookSee More