- Cooking Time: 7
- Preparation Time:
- 1 teaspoon of melted organic butter
- 3 tablespoons of (real!) maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon of turbinado sugar
- 1 tablespoon of flour
- 3 tablespoons of organic pecan pieces.
- Sweet Grass Dairy's Green Hill cheese
- I mixed together about 1 teaspoon of melted organic butter, 3 tablespoons of (real!) maple syrup, 1 tablespoon of turbinado sugar, 1 tablespoon of flour, and 3 tablespoons of organic pecan pieces.
- I sliced the top rind off of the cheese and spread that mixture on top.
- I put the cheese with topping in the fridge for about half an hour.
- After dinner, I put the cheese in a 400 degree F oven for about 7 minutes, which solidified the top slightly and made the cheese start to melt. Meanwhile I chopped up an apple and a pear to go with it.
NotesWe bought a round of Sweet Grass Dairy's Green Hill cheese (www.sweetgrassdairy.com) a couple of weeks ago. We hadn’t used it yet because I was trying to do something a little special with it and needed time to think what to do.
Yum–easy dessert as well. I had to stop us from eating all of it with a reminder to my husband that he could eat the rest for breakfast!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry!
Second Grade Holiday Cookbook
Basic Blends: Healthy Juicing RecipesSee More
Smooth Tomato & Creamy Tofu Sauce