- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time:
- 2 lbs skinless chicken breast
- 1 dried chipotle chile
- 1/2 C onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp coriander
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp cloves
- 16 oz tomatillo salsa
- 2 15.5oz cans pinto beans, drained & rinsed
- salt & pepper to taste
- 8 10in flour toritllas
- Optional: lettuce, salsa, guacamole
- Place chicken breasts and dried chipotle chile in a large sauce pan add water until covered.
- Cook 15 - 20 minutes, until chicken is cooked through. Shred chicken with forks and set aside.
- Remove seeds from chipotle and dice chile.
- In a large non-stick skillet, coated with cooking spray, saute onion, garlic and chipotle until tender.
- Add tomatillo salsa, cumin, corriander, cinnamon and cloves.
- Simmer 3 minutes.
- Add beans and shredded chicken.
- Cook until heated through.
- Wrap flour tortillas in a slightly damp towel and microwave for 30 seconds, until pliable.
- Place 3/4 cup chicken mixture in the center of a flour tortilla, fold sides in, then fold in top and bottom.
- Place on a baking sheet coated in cooking spray.
- Repeat with remaining filling or tortillas.
- Lightly spray tortillas with cooking spray.
- Bake 15 - 20 minutes or until golden and crispy.
- Garnish with lettuce, salsa and guacamole.
- Nutritional Info per Serving (without garnish)
- Calories: 468
- Fat: 7
- Carbs: 62
- Fiber: 8
- Protein: 38
NotesInstead of frying these, I baked them in a hot oven for a tasty delicious low fat dish. This recipe is adapted from Foods and Flavors of San Antonio by Gloria Chadwick.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Favourites from Ana's Romanian Kitchen
MidLife Road Trip's
Get Cookin'See More
Louisiana Crabmeat Stuffed Artichoke
Slow-Cooker Chicken Tortilla SoupSee More