- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time:
- 2 lbs skinless chicken breast
- 1 dried chipotle chile
- 1/2 C onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp coriander
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp cloves
- 16 oz tomatillo salsa
- 2 15.5oz cans pinto beans, drained & rinsed
- salt & pepper to taste
- 8 10in flour toritllas
- Optional: lettuce, salsa, guacamole
- Place chicken breasts and dried chipotle chile in a large sauce pan add water until covered.
- Cook 15 - 20 minutes, until chicken is cooked through. Shred chicken with forks and set aside.
- Remove seeds from chipotle and dice chile.
- In a large non-stick skillet, coated with cooking spray, saute onion, garlic and chipotle until tender.
- Add tomatillo salsa, cumin, corriander, cinnamon and cloves.
- Simmer 3 minutes.
- Add beans and shredded chicken.
- Cook until heated through.
- Wrap flour tortillas in a slightly damp towel and microwave for 30 seconds, until pliable.
- Place 3/4 cup chicken mixture in the center of a flour tortilla, fold sides in, then fold in top and bottom.
- Place on a baking sheet coated in cooking spray.
- Repeat with remaining filling or tortillas.
- Lightly spray tortillas with cooking spray.
- Bake 15 - 20 minutes or until golden and crispy.
- Garnish with lettuce, salsa and guacamole.
- Nutritional Info per Serving (without garnish)
- Calories: 468
- Fat: 7
- Carbs: 62
- Fiber: 8
- Protein: 38
NotesInstead of frying these, I baked them in a hot oven for a tasty delicious low fat dish. This recipe is adapted from Foods and Flavors of San Antonio by Gloria Chadwick.
Life on a Beach Easy Seafood Cooking at Home
Food Travels Through Italy
TECHmunch Austin 2013 Food Blogger Community CookbookSee More
Dark Molten Chocolate Cakes
Shrimp and Penne Pasta Salad with Pesto, Bocconcini and Cherry Tomatoes
Turkey and Heirloom Tomato Frittata with BasilSee More