- Cooking Time: 35 to 40
- Preparation Time:
- 1 pound semisweet chocolate (such as Callebaut, Valrhona or El Rey - good quality stuff!)
- 6 tbs unsalted butter
- 1 c heavy cream
- 1/4 c kahlua
- 6 large eggs, at room temp
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Line twelve 3- to 4- inch ring molds or one 9- to 10- inch springform pan with parchment paper.
- Wrap the bottoms with plastic wrap and then again with aluminum foil as a precaution against water leaking in.
- Place the chocolate and butter in a double boiler and cook over medium heat until both have melted. Set aside to cool.
- Place the cream and kahlua in the bowl of a mixer fitted with a whip and whip until stiff peaks form. cover and refrigerate.
- Place the eggs, sugar, and salt in a large mixing bowl and whip on low speed for 2 minutes. increase the speed to medium and whip for 2 minutes.
- Increase the speed to high and whip until the mixture climbs the side of the bowl and leaves tracks, about an additional 4 minutes.
- After it has grown as much as it can, it will begin to recede and lose volume.
- Stop beating immediately and gently fold the cooled chocolate mixture and the cream mixture into the egg mixture by hand.
- Divide the mousse evenly among the molds, or into the springform pan.
- Place molds in a hot-water bath.
- Transfer to the oven and bake until the tops have puffed up a bit and appear dry and brownie-like, about 35-40 minutes for the ring molds and 1 hour for the springform pan.
- Set aside to cool to room temp in the water bath.
- Remove from the water bath and refrigerate.
- When fully cooled, removed the plastic wrap and the aluminum foil.
- Cover and refrigerate for up to 3 days.
NotesThis recipe is courtesy of c_az on www.thenest.com. What an amazing recipe!!!
From The Olives Dessert Table Cookbook
'CHEF' the Film Cookbook: Recipes from El Jefe
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for Breakfast
Fun appetizers and snacksSee More
Gluten Free Gingerbread Cupcake with Browned Butter Butter Cream Frosting
Cinnamon Blueberry Crumble
Mrs. Jackson’s Grits – “Selma”See More