- Cooking Time: 12
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 10
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 3 Tablespoons sugar
- 3 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 Tablespoons lowfat buttermilk
- 4 Tablespoons unsweetened apple sauce
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 Tablespoon melted coconut oil (or butter)
- for glaze:
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1-2 teaspoons lowfat milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees and spray donut pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, mix flour, sugars, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, add applesauce, lowfat buttermilk, egg, vanilla and melted butter. Whisk or stir to combine. Slowly add to the dry ingredients. Stir until just combined. Do not overmix.
- Using a piping bag or a ziplock bag with the corner cut off, pipe the batter carefully into prepared donut pan making sure each cavity is only ⅔ full. Bake for 10-12 minutes (donuts should be fluffy and should spring back when touched mine took 12 minutes).
- Allow to cool slightly before removing from pan, about 5 minutes.
- Top with vanilla glaze (recipe + instructions below).
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Real Deal Apple Recipes.
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry 2013
The Blue Family Favorites<3See More
Easy Chocolate Tart
Black Bean And Corn QuesadillasSee More