- Cooking Time: 40
- Servings: 6-8
- Preparation Time: 13 hours
- 1/2 loaf of French Bread (1 inch slices)
- 6 eggs
- 1 1/2 c of milk
- 1 c half & half
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 stick oleo or butter
- 1/2 c brown sugar
- 1/2 c chopped nuts
- 1 T light corn syrup
- Butter a 9 x 13 inch baking dish.
- Arrange French bread slices overlapping in single layer to fill bottom of the dish.
- Combine eggs, milk, cream, vanilla, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Pour over bread.
- Cover and refrigerate over night.
- In the morning preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine butter brown sugar, nuts, and corn syrup.
- Spread over bread.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes.
- Serve with warmed syrup.
- If toast seems to brown too quickly, cover for part of baking time.
- Yields 6-8 servings.
NotesI went to a brunch and this was served and the recipe was shared. Really cool idea.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Angel Acres Holiday Dessert Cookbook
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)See More
Super Easy Chicken and Pepper Mexican Spiced Rice Stir Fry
How To Make Caramelized Onions
Salted Nut SquaresSee More