- Cooking Time: 40
- Servings: 6-8
- Preparation Time: 13 hours
- 1/2 loaf of French Bread (1 inch slices)
- 6 eggs
- 1 1/2 c of milk
- 1 c half & half
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 stick oleo or butter
- 1/2 c brown sugar
- 1/2 c chopped nuts
- 1 T light corn syrup
- Butter a 9 x 13 inch baking dish.
- Arrange French bread slices overlapping in single layer to fill bottom of the dish.
- Combine eggs, milk, cream, vanilla, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Pour over bread.
- Cover and refrigerate over night.
- In the morning preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine butter brown sugar, nuts, and corn syrup.
- Spread over bread.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes.
- Serve with warmed syrup.
- If toast seems to brown too quickly, cover for part of baking time.
- Yields 6-8 servings.
NotesI went to a brunch and this was served and the recipe was shared. Really cool idea.
The Cookbook to Defy Disease and Decay - Your Prescription to an Anti-Inflammatory Life
Delicious Recipes Made Easy
Cupcake Wars Winning Blueberry Pancake Cupcake RecipeSee More
Vanilla Caramel Nut Ice Cream Pudding (with salted caramel and hot chocolate sauce)
Candy Cane Fudge
Pancit PalabokSee More