- Cooking Time: 40
- Servings: 6-8
- Preparation Time: 13 hours
- 1/2 loaf of French Bread (1 inch slices)
- 6 eggs
- 1 1/2 c of milk
- 1 c half & half
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 stick oleo or butter
- 1/2 c brown sugar
- 1/2 c chopped nuts
- 1 T light corn syrup
- Butter a 9 x 13 inch baking dish.
- Arrange French bread slices overlapping in single layer to fill bottom of the dish.
- Combine eggs, milk, cream, vanilla, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Pour over bread.
- Cover and refrigerate over night.
- In the morning preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine butter brown sugar, nuts, and corn syrup.
- Spread over bread.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes.
- Serve with warmed syrup.
- If toast seems to brown too quickly, cover for part of baking time.
- Yields 6-8 servings.
NotesI went to a brunch and this was served and the recipe was shared. Really cool idea.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Thanksgiving With The Singing Vegan
Gonzalez Family~Established 8.8.14
TECHmunch Austin 2013 Food Blogger Community CookbookSee More
Paul’s Chicken Marsala Modified from www.allrecipes.com
Smiling Jack SandwichSee More