- Cooking Time: 25
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 10
- 1 1/2 c. all-purpose flour (spooned and leveled), plus more for dusting sausages
- 2/3 c. yellow cornmeal
- 2 t. baking powder
- 2 t. sugar
- coarse salt and ground pepper
- 2/3 c. milk
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 t. vegetable oil
- 4 precooked smoked chicken sausages (13 oz. total)
- ketchup and mustard for serving (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, cornmeal, baking powder, sugar, 1/2 t. coarse salt and 1/4 t. pepper.
- Make a well in the center; add milk, eggs and oil.
- Mix just until combined.
- Insert a ice-pop stick into one end of each sausage, leaving a 1 1/2-inch handle.
- Dust with flour, tap off excess.
- Using handle, rotate each sausage over bowl as you spoon batter to coat evenly.
- Place on baking sheet; bake 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven.
- Using a spatula, reapply batter that has slipped onto sheet.
- Return to oven; bake until golden, 20 minutes.
- Serve with ketchup and mustard, if desired.
NotesVery good! I found I had to use extra milk. I used Italian flavored chicken sausages. This recipe is like a combination of corn dogs and bagel dogs.
Source: Everyday Food-Jan/Feb 2007
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Have Your Cake and EAT IT TOO! Allergen-Free Desserts Everyone Can Enjoy
Watt's Cooking in PA?
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at PesahSee More
Mochi (sticky sweet rice cakes)
Thai Vegetable Stir Fry
Virgin Pomegranate and Cranberry BellinisSee More