- Cooking Time: 25
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 10
- 1 1/2 c. all-purpose flour (spooned and leveled), plus more for dusting sausages
- 2/3 c. yellow cornmeal
- 2 t. baking powder
- 2 t. sugar
- coarse salt and ground pepper
- 2/3 c. milk
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 t. vegetable oil
- 4 precooked smoked chicken sausages (13 oz. total)
- ketchup and mustard for serving (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, cornmeal, baking powder, sugar, 1/2 t. coarse salt and 1/4 t. pepper.
- Make a well in the center; add milk, eggs and oil.
- Mix just until combined.
- Insert a ice-pop stick into one end of each sausage, leaving a 1 1/2-inch handle.
- Dust with flour, tap off excess.
- Using handle, rotate each sausage over bowl as you spoon batter to coat evenly.
- Place on baking sheet; bake 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven.
- Using a spatula, reapply batter that has slipped onto sheet.
- Return to oven; bake until golden, 20 minutes.
- Serve with ketchup and mustard, if desired.
NotesVery good! I found I had to use extra milk. I used Italian flavored chicken sausages. This recipe is like a combination of corn dogs and bagel dogs.
Source: Everyday Food-Jan/Feb 2007
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
MetroCooking DC 2013
Quick Breads, Muffins and Cakes...Oh My!
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013See More
Broiled Salmon with Olive-Tomato Vinaigrette
Peanut and pretzel truffles
Veggie KebabsSee More