- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 12 ounces spaghetti
- 1 (28 ounce) jars prepared spaghetti sauce
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning (I used oregano)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated (I used 5 ounces)
- Sprinkle of green jar parmesan cheese (my addition)
- Preheat oven to 350 F degrees.
- In a skillet, brown the ground beef until cooked through; drain and stir in spaghetti sauce. Set aside.
- Cook spaghetti according to directions on packet. Drain and place cooked spaghetti in bowl. Add cream cheese, Italian Seasoning and minced garlic. Stir until cream cheese is melted and the spaghetti is thoroughly coated.
- Lightly grease a 9x13" pan. Spread a small amount of meat sauce in the bottom of the dish. Put spaghetti on top of sauce. This is where I sprinkled the green jar parmesan, right on top of the spaghetti. Top with remaining meat sauce. Sprinkle shredded parmesan cheese on top.
- Bake for 30 minutes, until bubbly.
NotesPinterest, the newest craze and I can see why! Thanks to my friend, SusieCreamCheese for finding this wonderful recipe! It is definitely different than other spaghetti pies that use sour cream! The cream cheese is awesome! My house smelled wonderful while baking and hours later! We stepped out for a few hours after dinner and when we got home, the house still smelled like it was in the oven baking!
I read a few reviews of this recipe and a few people mentioned that the cream cheese didn't mix well so here is what I did and it worked like a charm! Microwave the cream cheese for 3 minutes and put it in the bottom of your mixing bowl and then add the hot, drained spaghetti! Perfect!