BAKED CURRIED CHICKEN AND RICE
- 1 cup water
- 1 8-ounce can stewed tomatoes
- 3/4 cup quick-cooking brown rice
- 1/4 cup snipped dried apricots
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon instant chicken bouillon granules
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 bay leaf
- 3/4 pound boneless chicken or turkey, cut into 1-inch pieces
In a medium saucepan stir together water, undrained tomatoes, rice, apricots, raisins, lemon juice, curry powder, bouillon granules, cinnamon, salt, garlic, and bay leaf. Heat to boiling. Stir in chicken or turkey.
Pour the hot chicken mixture into a 1 1/2-quart casserole. Bake, covered, in a 350 oven about 45 minutes or till rice is tender and chicken is no longer pink, stirring occasionally. Remove bay leaf.