- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup water
- 1 8-ounce can stewed tomatoes
- 3/4 cup quick-cooking brown rice
- 1/4 cup snipped dried apricots
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon instant chicken bouillon granules
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 bay leaf
- 3/4 pound boneless chicken or turkey, cut into 1-inch pieces
- In a medium saucepan stir together water, undrained tomatoes, rice, apricots, raisins, lemon juice, curry powder, bouillon granules, cinnamon, salt, garlic, and bay leaf. Heat to boiling. Stir in chicken or turkey.
- Pour the hot chicken mixture into a 1 1/2-quart casserole. Bake, covered, in a 350 oven about 45 minutes or till rice is tender and chicken is no longer pink, stirring occasionally. Remove bay leaf.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Delicious Breakfasts for Gluten-Free Kids!
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew Judson
BakeSpace's Community Cookbook Live Demonstration at SXSWSee More
Rocky Road Ice CreamSee More