Baked Egg Cups
Why I Love This Recipe
I am on a controlled carb, adequate protein diet, and this recipe is a nice change from just plain eggs. It calls for deli ham, but I had pepperoni on hand and they were delicious!
Ingredients You'll Need
6 Slice Lean Deli Ham (or 24 slices pepperoni)
6 Large Eggs
1/2 Cup Shredded Cheese (regular dairy or vegan)
1 Tbsp. Chopped Chives or Dried Parsley
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Spray 6 standard size muffin pan cups with cooking spray. Arrange the ham slices so they line the muffin cup completely. If using pepperoni, overlap 4 pieces per cup to line the cup completely. The edges may go above the cup.
3. Bake for 10 minutes.
4. Remove tin from the oven and break an egg into each cup, gently breaking the yolk. Sprinkle with pepper.
5. Return tin to oven for 10 minutes. Check the eggs. If they are done to your liking, remove the tin and sprinkle cups with cheese and chives. If not, continue cooking, checking every minute or so.
6. Serve immediately. Makes 6 servings.