- Cooking Time: 20 min.
- Servings: 14
- Preparation Time: 20 min.
- Egg rolls:
- 2/3 cup coarsely chopped celery
- 2/3 cup coarsely chopped carrot
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 1/2 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 2/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon minced peeled fresh ginger
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 pound ground turkey breast
- 1 1/2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 14 egg roll wrappers
- 1 large egg white
- Cooking spray
- 3/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 6 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons dark sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon minced peeled fresh ginger
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced green onions (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Combine celery and carrot in food processor, and pulse 10 times or until finely chopped.
- Combine celery mixture and cabbage in a medium bowl. Cover with plastic wrap; vent. Microwave at high 5 minutes; drain.
- Heat vegetable oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion, 1/2 teaspoon ginger, and garlic; sauté 2 minutes. Add turkey; cook 5 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in cabbage mixture, 1 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce, and pepper. Cover and chill 15 minutes.
- Place 1 egg roll wrapper at a time onto work surface with 1 corner pointing toward you (wrapper should look like a diamond). Trim 1 inch off right and left corners of wrapper. Spoon 3 tablespoons turkey filling into center of wrapper. Fold lower corner of egg roll wrapper over filling. Fold in trimmed corners. Moisten top corner of wrapper with egg white; roll up jelly-roll fashion. Repeat procedure with remaining wrappers, turkey filling, and egg white.
- Lightly coat egg rolls with cooking spray, and place, seam side down, on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake at 425° for 18 minutes or until golden brown.
- To prepare sauce, combine 3/4 cup soy sauce, vinegar, sesame oil, and 1 tablespoon ginger; serve with egg rolls. Garnish with green onions, if desired.
NotesWhen dipped in traditional Vietnamese sauce and served with rice noodles on the side, these make an easy, low-fat, and delicious main meal
The Best of Brock: Celebrating 85 Years of Cooking
Eating for a Look Good Naked Fitness Life - time to feel good in your own skin
KITCHEN CAUCUS Conservative CreationsSee More
Vanilla Caramel Nut Ice Cream Pudding (with salted caramel and hot chocolate sauce)
Candy Cane Fudge
Pancit PalabokSee More